Monday 10 March 2014

41. Marchuary

Hello everyone, hope you're all well. I am sorry for not posting in almost a month, for once I do have a valid excuse in the form of a 9 page dissertation on Parkinson's disease and deep brain stimulation. A lot of Mancunian Sheep news has been accumulating over the past 4 weeks and I've been dying to share it all with you so here are the headlines, enjoy (there usually isn't much to enjoy on the actual news but I promise there is here)!

I don't think I can hold this in much longer so watch this and everything will become clear:

http://youtu.be/L_91HdmuenY
This is why I had to get this post up without further ado because I still can't believe I've managed to get tickets for the second Thursday of Wimbledon. It took long enough for Andy's win to sink in so at least the organisers have given me a few months to prepare! I will of course take lots of photos when I go to SW19 to post on here :)

I received some more good news at the end of February when my exam results were released. After a very tough semester to say the least, I passed all my exams surprisingly as I was convinced I'd failed 2/5 of them. I won't lie to you, there were times during the last few months when I thought there was not a light at the end of the tunnel but hard work does pay off, trust me. I hope everyone else receiving their GCSE/ A-Level and univeristy exam results are happy with them.


As mentioned above, I've been busy writing my dissertation and as Parkinson's Awareness Week is coming in April, I will do a post and/or a video to explain what I've learnt about the condition from writing my dissertation and how it has affected me personally. For now, if you'd like to find out more about Parkinson's then check out this website: http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/ 


I feel like this post is turning into a dissertation with the lack of photos so here are some I took last Saturday when I went to see Jack Whitehall at the Phones 4 U arena in Manchester. He was brilliant as ever and despite this being his first arena tour, he did not seem nervous in the slightest. Just to give you some context, Jack loves the Lion King hence his costume and as for the Emporio Armani underwear, he was talking about Cristiano Ronaldo being a really unrealistic underwear model. My personal highlights of the night were when Jack explained his motto "Get it wrong, gotta be strong" and when to use it e.g. mishearing someone's name and by staying strong and calling them the wrong name until they doubt their own name. I was also in stitches when he ended up turning what was supposed to be a Geordie accent to an Indian and then Jamaican accent. I will be seeing Miranda Hart in Manchester this weekend so that will definitely be what I call, such fun (see what I did there?)!








In typical British fashion, I just had to mention the weather. I'm not a fan of very hot weather as it makes me even more grumpy than I usually am but since Friday, I've just loved waking up to a sunny bedroom. I'm hoping the storms don't return as I'm starting a field course in the Greater Manchester area next week. The other thing I like about summer is that I am a lot more healthier during it. I've embarked on a no sugar diet. I've not gone completely cold turkey so have allowed myself fruit. During the winter, I end up having a lot of sugary coffee and tea, chocolate and cakes and I just wanted to cut down because I'm scared of getting diabetes and I'm hoping it will have a positive effect on my energy levels, skin and weight. I've been loving clementines and plums recently and they are a lot more colourful and tastier than brown biscuits and chocolate.

I hope you've all enjoyed my Marchuary news. I've not forgotten about updating you all on my Clinique skincare regime, I will be putting up another post later this week to make up for my absence because I've been painting my nails quite a bit lately so it makes more sense to do a separate beauty related post.


Have you received any good news in the last few weeks? Make sure you all make the most of the sunshine after the horrendous storms. Until next time, take care.


Love,

Mancunian Sheep x

No comments:

Post a Comment