Tuesday 11 March 2014

43. Song of the Month-March

Hello everyone, yes it is that time of the month again! I do realise that I've put up three posts in 24 hours but I really have missed blogging. After their superb performance at the Brits (which you can watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc2H07KWmKg), it is only fair that March's song of the month goes to the Arctic Monkeys. Alex Turner's acceptance speech turned out to be like Marmite and divided the nation but I personally loved it because it was different. He didn't just do the typical "I would like to thank my Grandad's neighbour's cousin" and used it as an opportunity to instead say something that had real impact. I have had AM on repeat whilst writing my dissertation and love the entire album so I was not surprised when it won album of the year at both the NME and Brit awards. My favourite song off the album is Snap Out Of It just because it is so damn catchy and the chorus is phenomenal. It's definitely one of the ultimate songs to power walk to the bus stop to. 
Let me know what you think of Snap Out Of in the comments below. Also, what's your favourite song off AM and favourite Arctic Monkeys song in general? Until next time, take care.
Love,
Mancunian Sheep x

No comments:

Post a Comment