Monday 8 June 2015

100. My Favourite Places in Manchester

Hello everyone! As much as I would love to dedicate the 100th Mancunian Sheep post to sheep, unfortunately not many of you would appreciate it as much as I. Instead, I shall relate it to my immense hometown glory having lived here for the entirety of my existence. Thank you so much to all of you regardless of whether you have read 1 or all 100 posts, I'm not sure how you've managed to keep up with the ramblings of a madwoman for over 4 years but here's to 100 more posts. Ideally, I would like to bake you all a cake to celebrate but until teleporting becomes a reality, a photo and celebratory post will have to make do.


The best cake at the Manchester Cake and Bake Show 2014.
Here are my three favourite places in Manchester that I highly recommend you visit, if you have not done so already. I could have chosen so many more but I had to be extremely selective to prevent this post being as long as some of my others so without further ado, here are my top 3! 

1) Ziferblat, Edge Street - I have already written a lengthy post singing my praises of this wonderful venue in Manchester's Northern Quarter which is my favourite part of the city. It's such a great concept and was much needed in Manchester. Last week, Ziferblat announced the opening of four meeting rooms so not only can you play hard (you can literally play board games), you can now work hard there too!






2) John Rylands Library, Deansgate - My friend and I spontaneously visited John Rylands Library one afternoon last week and it is the most peaceful and beautiful building that I have ever been lucky enough to set foot in. I'm genuinely considering it as a prospective wedding venue although, that's certainly a few years off yet. I highly doubt wedding ceremonies take place there sadly and I'm too scared to ask as it will crush my dreams! The intricate craftsmanship of both the building and the books upset me when I compared them to the ugly, monotonous glass buildings being erected left, right and centre along with the demise of independent bookshops thanks to eReaders and Amazon. As this is supposed to be a celebratory post, I will stop ranting as on a more positive note, it was the ceiling high bookcases that inspired me to do a summer book club on here. Apologies in advance for the photos not being of the best quality, like I mentioned, the visit was a spontaneous decision so I was without my camera and had to make do with my phone.







This desk is 113 years old, this is what you call a desk, Ikea.

3) Hey Little Cupcake, Spinningfields - I love cake and with the vast number of tearooms and cafes we are blessed with in Manchester, it was very difficult to choose one but I had to choose Hey Little Cupcake as their bakes are so creative. Each month, there is a special cupcake and there are always seasonal cupcake selections at Christmas, Easter and Halloween. The interior is gorgeous, the staff are so lovely and with the ability to order personalised cakes for special occasions, there really is something for everyone. I love the Sorrento Cello cupcake which is a signature one and their rainbow cake is the only one that I've come across which is actually suitable for vegetarians. You can have afternoon tea at HLC and they have cupcake shaped sandwiches, what more could you possibly want?









As ever, thank you for reading. Until next time, take care.
Love,
Mancunian Sheep x

No comments:

Post a Comment