Saturday 27 June 2015

104. June Favourites

Hello everyone, summer is finally here and apparently there is going to be a heatwave next week across the UK coinciding with Wimbledon which at least won't prevent play but it's going to be no fun for everyone fasting! I've been enjoying the sun by sitting in my back garden and looking at and smelling these gorgeous white roses there.



As it's the sixth month, I have six favourites and they're pretty diverse as they have been for the past couple of months.


1) Taylor Swift - Welcome to New York. I finally bought 1989 in June and I've no idea what took me so long, it's an amazing album. Also, as I haven't included a song in my monthly favourites since November, it was long overdue (that was another Taylor Swift song, Blank Space). This is my favourite song on the record as it has such a catchy beat and like with all of her other songs, you can't help but sing along.


2) Spy - Two of my university friends and I intended to watch this early on in June but we ended up watching Avengers: Age of Ultron again. One of my friends and I have now seen Age of Ultron three times, I've seen no other film at the cinema more than once but it actually gets better the more times you watch it. We finally got round to watching Spy and it has two of my favourite people in it - Miranda Hart and Melissa McCarthy. Spy is honestly the funniest film I have seen in years and for me personally, Jason Statham stole the show surprisingly. At so many points in the film, lots of people were laughing out loud in the cinema, it was that good! *SPOILER ALERT* When Susan Cooper (Melissa McCarthy) kills for the first time in the field, it was hilarious because it was an accident and she makes it worse for herself by throwing up on him and then collapsing herself as he lands on a spear. My other favourite scene was when Rick Ford (Jason Statham) describes the million and one ways he has escaped death such as the time when one of his arms completely came off and he fixed it back on with his other arm, it's so ridiculous. Also, there is a well known rapper in the film and he becomes very close to Nancy (Miranda Hart) which is brilliant. What I love about this film is that it shows that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover because nobody would think Susan would make such an amazing spy but she does. I also loved the various identities Susan had to use including Crazy Cat Lady.


Rating: 5/5 





3) Carly Rowena - I stumbled upon Carly's YouTube channel somehow and I am in love with how honest, positive and sweet she is. I've been loving Carly's 3 minute abs workout and her video on how to tone up wobbly thighs (let's be honest girls, most of us have issues with our bums, tums and legs). Carly is a personal trainer so it's like having a personal trainer for free who doesn't yell at you. I've not been going to the gym during Ramadhan for obvious reasons but I've still been able to workout thanks to Carly. She has lots of videos on healthy eating and gym clothes too.

4) Anker Portable Charger - I intend to go on quite a lot of trips with my friends this summer and although smartphones are amazing, their battery life is nothing compared to the old school Nokia 3310 (I'm showing my age now haha). I picked this little beauty up from Amazon because it is super small, cheap and has excellent reviews. You charge this up and when your phone runs out of charge, you plug your phone into this and I get one full charge out of it (my phone is the HTC One Mini). I love that it comes with a little pouch too so it doesn't get damaged or scratched in your bag.



5) Postcards - I was in Waterstones and fell in love with all the postcards they had so I've decided to start collecting postcards from places I visit and also just generally ones that I like the look of in local shops. I think I'm going to have to buy an album for them as my collection grows hopefully. These are the three in my collection so far:

I picked this up from the John Rylands Library on Deansgate in Manchester.

I bought this from a Waterstones in Manchester as it reminds me of Wimbledon.


I went to Chester and picked this up from the Waterstones there.

6) Passing my degree! :D I received my final set of university results this month and I am absolutely overjoyed to tell you all that I will graduating with a 2:1 in Biology. University has by no means been easy but it really is a life changing experience. I've met so many wonderful people and it has increased my confidence a lot. I've learnt so much ranging from thermoregulatory proteins in bacteria to the social hierarchy of hyenas. It's been three years well spent as it has helped me transition from teenager to adult too.

Apologies as I realise that my book review of The Establishment by Owen Jones should have been up on Monday but I have been really busy lately and haven't actually had much time to read. Hopefully, it should be up next week.

Until next time, take care.
Love,
Mancunian Sheep x

No comments:

Post a Comment