Saturday 2 August 2014

66. Life Goals

Hello everyone, I hope you're all well and those of you who celebrated Eid, I hope you had a great day! I turned 20 last month so I was thinking about my life goals the other day and apart from the obvious generic ones like get married and have children, here are four (because I like even numbers) life goals that are more specific to me (and maybe to some of you):


1) Read every single one of the Very Short Introduction books at least once. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, click here. There are over 400 books in the series with more expected so this will be a mammoth task that I'm willing to take on. I've currently read a whopping zero (not looking good I know) and own three. They're a brilliant way of broadening your general knowledge in my opinion and they just look so impressive on the shelves in Waterstones whenever I go in.


2) Visit at least 3 continents other than Europe. Due to my Mum having Parkinson's making it difficult for her to travel, I've only ever been abroad once when I went to Pakistan aged two. Ideally I'd like to visit Australia, Africa and South America to see all the wildlife.

Any excuse for a photo of a sloth!
3) Run a marathon for Parkinson's UK. I'm hoping to do the Great Manchester Run once I graduate so I can actually have time to train and if I survive that, I'll run a marathon. Parkinson's is a cause close to my heart and not only will I be raising money for a fantastic charity, it will help me by improving my fitness and stamina.

4) Become a debenture holder at Wimbledon. Most of you already know how obsessed I am with tennis, particularly Wimbledon so it comes as no surprise that I'd want Centre Court or Court 1 seats every day of the tournament secured for five years! Less spending and more saving methinks!
Again, any excuse for a photo of Andy!
Leave a comment below with one of your life goals!
Until next time, take care.
Love,
Mancunian Sheep x

No comments:

Post a Comment