Saturday 19 July 2014

63. Raspberry Ripple Cupcakes Recipe

Hello everyone! I just realised that I have not done a recipe post in ages so I have a cupcake recipe for you all! I baked these for my birthday and my friends really liked them so hopefully you will too. So without further ado, let's get baking!

Ingredients (to make ~24 small cupcakes):


For the cake mixture:

  • 170 g unsalted butter, softened
  • 170 g caster sugar
  • 170 g self raising flour
  • 3 free range eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 150 g fresh raspberries

For the raspberry ripple icing:
  • 100 g fresh raspberries
  • 150 g icing sugar
  • 150 g unsalted butter
  • 150 g soft cream cheese

Method:
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180°C gas/160°C fan. Line two muffin trays with cupcake cases.
2) Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
3) Add the vanilla extract and mix further.
4) Add the eggs a little at a time mixing well after each addition. (A little tip: I beat the eggs into a mixing jug and then just pour them in).
5) Fold in the flour and raspberries.
6) Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases (A little tip: I use my measuring spoons and add a tablespoon to each case, here's a link to the measuring spoons I have).
7) Bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of each cake (make sure you don't mistake the raspberry juice for it being undercooked).
8) Place the cupcakes on a wire rack. Whilst the cupcakes are cooling, you can make the frosting! Beat the icing sugar, butter and soft cream cheese (using an electric whisk will be a good idea here) until the ingredients are well combined.
9) Setting aside one raspberry for each cupcake to decorate, fold the remainder of the raspberries into the icing. 
10) Using a star shaped nozzle, pipe onto the cupcakes. (Another tip: I am not very good at piping especially with the disposable bags but my Lekue macaron kit piping device has made it easier). Finish by topping each cupcake with a raspberry. 




If you do give this recipe a go then let me know by commenting below what you thought of the cupcakes! Also, would you like more recipe posts? I need any excuse to bake! Until next time, take care.

Love,
Mancunian Sheep x 

No comments:

Post a Comment