Monday 7 July 2014

61. My Favourite Summer Accessories

Hello everyone, I know I only put up my beastly Wimbledon post yesterday but as I start my 8 week summer internship 2 weeks today, I'm going to be posting as much as I can during the next fortnight.

I've been buying a lot of summer accessories lately to brighten up my wardrobe. We don't really get much of a summer in Manchester usually but the past month or so has been an exception with sunshine almost everyday! Here are my favourites and I've also provided a link for each item where possible or alternatives in case you want to purchase any of the featured products.



  1. Cath Kidston Cotton Backpack (available here) - I've had my eye on this backpack for a few months but as it was £40, I personally didn't think that was worth the money for a cotton backpack but I managed to get it for £25 in the Cath Kidston sale and you can now purchase it for even less at £20! I wanted a bag that screamed summer but was also practical for trips out to Wimbledon and my forthcoming trip to the RHS Tatton Park Flower Show. It is a neon pink colour with white polka dots and three spacious compartments with a clasp and drawstring fastening to keep your belongings safe. Also, it is machine washable.



 I really like this zipped compartment on the inside of the flap because you can keep essentials such as chewing gum, keys, tissues etc that you need to access quickly without rummaging in the large compartment.



2. H&M black suede pumps with gold chain detail which were £19.99 (unfortunately, I purchased these in early May so here are some alternatives for a similar price: ASOS alternative 1 , ASOS alternative 2). These shoes are so comfy and are my favourite pair this summer. They're smart enough for work but stylish enough for casual wear too as they go with just about anything! I wore them both to my internship interview and to Wimbledon.
My shoes!

ASOS Alternative 1- I love the tiger detail!



ASOS Alternative 2- these have silver detail if that's more your thing!
3. Daisy print accessories. I love daisies, when they're out, you just know it's summer. When I spotted two daisy print items, I just had to buy them as they're so cute!

a)  Accessorize Daisy Chain Bracelet at £8 (available here). I absolutely love making daisy chains but if you don't like picking flowers or want something that will last longer, this is perfect. Accessorize also do a matching necklace if you want to go daisy crazy! It is very versatile and is a great way to add a summery touch to any outfit. 


b) Daisy Scrunchie from Urban Outfitters for £4 (available here). I was wearing my denim shirt with this scrunchie the other day and felt like a true 90s kid, oh the nostalgia! 
4. Lightweight scarves from Accessorize. I needed some new headscarves for summer that would keep me cool but would also stay fixed on my head unlike silky ones. I love the scarves in Accessorize because they are so big so you can layer them up and they have really pretty patterns too. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the blue one on the Accessorize website but it may be in your local store. The butterfly print scarf (available here) was £19 and the blue one was £15.


I appear to have a penchant for bird and butterfly print scarves!


5. I know strictly speaking perfume isn't an accessory but it adds something to an outfit so in my opinion it is. My favourite summer perfume is Givenchy's Very Irresistible L'eau en Rose de Toilette (available here). My friend Alex and I went to our local Boots and they were handing out perfume testers at the door and I immediately fell in love with it so went back and bought some. It isn't a typical strong rose scent; it's very light, fruity and fresh so perfect for summer. I've had it for almost 3 months and have used a fair bit already because I've neglected my other perfumes and because my Mum has also been using some.





Leave a comment below sharing what your favourite piece of jewellery, pair of shoes and perfume is this summer. Until next time, take care.

Love,
Mancunian Sheep x

No comments:

Post a Comment