Sunday 29 March 2015

89. March Favourites

Hello everyone, I haven't actually done a monthly favourites post so far in 2015 because in January, I had exams so didn't get up to much apart from revision and in February, I was busy producing resources for my antibiotic resistance project. Quite a few favourites have accumulated so I have a few more than the expected three for the third month as I have made up for not having favourites in January or February.

1) Nivea Soft- If you're on a budget and are looking for a good facial, hand and/or body moisturiser then you're in for an absolute treat because this is a 3 in 1 product! It is a rich formula but sinks into the skin so well. I have been using it mainly on my face every morning and hands when it's cold and it hasn't lead to any break outs or excess oil in my oily T-zone. I'm yet to try it on my body as I prefer to use the Soap and Glory Righteous Butter. It smells gorgeous and it does last all day on my face at least. It contains vitamin E and jojoba oil which is an added bonus. Jojoba oil is said to be good for people who suffer with acne, sunburn and psoriasis. Vitamin E is an antioxidant so protects our cells from damage from free radicals which may lead to cancer.






2) John Frieda Frizz-Ease Original 6 Effects Serum- My thermal protection Frizz Ease hair serum finished so I needed to replace it but decided to buy the original serum instead as I rarely use heat on my hair. I apply this to my hair as soon as I get out of the shower so it's literally dripping wet and it really does tame my mane and prevent frizz. It smells great just like the thermal protection serum and the effect lasts between washes. I use about 3 pumps as my hair is quite thick and the length is halfway between my shoulder and elbow. Just a little disclaimer- the product is not red, it's actually just a clear serum. 






3) The Avengers- I know I'm about 3 years late to watch this film and after several of my friends telling me that I have to watch it, I finally watched my first Marvel film and all I can say is that my friends have very good taste in films. I have this thing where I have to watch a film or TV show from the very beginning and I definitely need to do that with the Marvel Cinematic Universe series. Thor and Captain America are my favourite superheroes and my favourite scene was when Thor went mad at Captain America for asking him to put down his hammer. The fighting scenes are amazing especially when it was Captain America and Natasha Romanoff. Another character I really like is Maria Hill and that's not just because Cobie Smulders plays her. The film had the right balance of romance, action and comedy so it's not surprising that it was such a hit. My friend, Sammia has already said we should watch Avengers: Age of Ultron together in a few months so I best hurry up and get watching all the other Phase 1 and Phase 2 films. I really want to dress up as Captain America and Thor (but not at the same time haha)!
Rating: 4/5 (It didn't get the full 5 sheep because I'm yet to watch other Marvel films which could be better than this).








4) Branston pickle- this is probably the first time someone has featured this in their monthly favourites but I do love it on my Ploughman's sandwiches. We actually finished lectures three weeks ago (but university is far from over as we still have exams and coursework) so I have been working quite a few shifts as a student ambassador this past month because I haven't actually worked since the October open days as I have been so busy with university work. I take a packed lunch to work and honestly because of Branston pickle, cucumber sandwiches are no longer my absolute favourites, they have been replaced by a good Ploughman's.


5) My favourite drink this month is Robinson's Blackcurrant and Apple- unfortunately, my Mum is still in hospital and she loves this stuff and now, I have it too whenever I want an alternative to plain water. I like having it in my favourite cup which is the one my lovely summer internship manager got me as a leaving present <3




6) Adidas Ultimate Fit Tights - We're almost in April and yes I am still going to the gym having had my membership for 2 months now (yes I'm also surprised that I've stuck with it for so long). All the clothes I've been buying so far this year have been gym gear and these are by far my favourite purchase. Although they are a little pricey at £31, Adidas do offer a 10% student discount and also, their quality is incredible so they're a good investment piece. Before I bought these, I got some from H&M which were £15 and the seams started unravelling at the calf bit so I decided to stick with good old Adidas. What I love about these tights is that they fit perfectly and don't slip when doing vigorous exercise like running on the treadmill at 8.5km/h for 5km or working out on the cross trainer for an hour. I also love how flattering they look by smoothing out any bumps, even on my thunder thighs! Mine are in the black colour as it goes with everything and in the medium size (I'm a size 10-12 and 5ft 4 in height).


What has been your favourite food, film, fashion and beauty item in March? 


Until next time, take care. 

Love,
Mancunian Sheep x

No comments:

Post a Comment