Saturday 28 February 2015

86. What I Will Miss About University

Hello everyone, this week I found out when I graduate (a day before my 21st, eek) and next Friday is my last ever lecture and that got me thinking that I will actually miss many things about university! I thought A-levels went quickly but despite the fact my university course is a year longer, it's gone by even faster! I also received my January exam results this week and I passed everything, woo! So, without further ado, here are some things that I will miss about university:

1) My friends! I have had so many laughs with my university friends and we have so many inside jokes that I actually forget how a couple of them started off. Luckily, the majority of my close friends are from the North West of England so I'm sure we will be having reunions to rival S Club 7's.





2) Academics - I love it when they tell us stories in lectures. A few weeks ago, my genetics lecturer said he preferred Frozen to Jurassic Park as it gets too confusing for him, all I could then think about for the rest of the lecture was him singing Let it Go in Elsa's dress. I'm also convinced that academics have the time turner that Hermione and Harry used in the Prisoner of Azkaban because I have no idea how they have enough hours in the day to lecture, supervise their undergraduate and postgraduate project students, eat, sleep, look after their children, carry out their own research and attend lots of faculty meetings.





3) Education itself - I have been in education for as long as I can remember, literally. I've been in education for almost 18 consecutive years so it will be weird not having to write assignments, revise for exams at Christmas and have lessons/lectures during the week.

4) The big stationery shop in September! I am a lover of all things stationery and now I won't need as much! :(Having fun isn't hard, when you've got a Ryman card!



5) Biology- doing a degree in such a dynamic and broad field, you only really touch the tip of the iceberg when it comes to learning about all things living.




6) Being able to access scientific journals online for free. I might just subscribe to Nature or Nature Reviews Microbiology. Love you long time Google Scholar xo


7) Student discount, obviously! It comes in handy at the cinema and I love it when Amazon randomly decide to give a 5% discount, haha! 


8) Similar to number 7, my Unirider (annual student bus pass). Sometimes I just get on for a couple of stops around campus (lazy I know, but we do have pretty big campus to be fair). 


I've not even left university yet and I'm already missing it if that's even possible! D:

Until next time, take care.

Love,
Manucnian Sheep x

No comments:

Post a Comment