Saturday 14 February 2015

83. Products That I've Used Up and Repurchased

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I did a beauty related post and as I need to buy some of these products again soon, I thought I may as well share them with you. I don't wear any makeup apart from lip balm/ lip gloss and nail polish so these are all hair care and skin care products!

1) Witch Hazel Oil Control Foaming Face Wash - I used to use the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam and this is a much cheaper alternative and is just as effective (if not more) as the Clinique one. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone and normal cheeks, overall my face can be a bit drier in winter and a bit more oily in summer. Since using the Witch Hazel face wash, I no longer wake up with excess oil on my forehead and skin whereas with the Clinique one, I had to use it as part of their 3 step system to achieve a similar effect.



2) Whenever I get a breakout, Clinique's Anti-Blemish All Over Clearing Treatment (phew what an unnecessarily long name!) is the only thing that I've found so far that will calm and soothe my skin. I only use it when required rather than daily. I've found it to be particularly effective on my skin when I get large and painful bumpy spots on my chin. What makes this so good is that it is moisturising without causing more spots and medicating without being too harsh on your skin and leaving it dry. This is going to sound disgusting (but I'm sure I'm not the only one) but because it is moisturising, it stops you picking at your spots too which obviously aids the healing process! 


3) Soap and Glory Hand Food - My hands are always cold in winter and the skin also tends to get a little dry. This is amazing as it isn't greasy so won't leave any nasty finger prints on your phone or keyboard and the smell lasts for ages. I personally find that even after washing my hands a couple of times, the softening effect it has on my skin is still there. They do a larger 125 ml tube but I prefer this smaller 50 ml one as it is perfect to pop in your bag to use throughout the day!


4) Sticking with Soap and Glory, I also cannot get enough of the Righteous Butter. I actually bought this travel sized one in a 3 for 2 offer a few months ago with the hand food and Hand Maid hand sanitizer but think I'm going to buy the bigger pot this time as it is the best moisturiser ever and just sinks into your skin without leaving a greasy residue. Again, the gorgeous smell lasts for ages too! 


5) Now onto hair products! I don't blowdry my hair very often, I used to every time I washed my hair from 2009-2012 and this left my hair quite damaged but, the two products mentioned below have rescued it. I've also stopped washing my hair in the mornings/ before I go out so it has enough time to naturally dry. When I do rarely blowdry my hair, I have found the John Frieda Frizz Ease Thermal Protection Hair Serum to be much more effective than the Tresseme/ Vo5 thermal protection hair sprays. I highly recommend this as it does exactly what it says on the tin. Even when I'm not blowdrying my hair, I still use this as it does tame my hair to be fair. It isn't greasy and a little goes a long way. If you do decide to use it, make sure you concentrate on your ends and not your roots.


6) And last but by no means least, this product has been described by many as liquid gold and I absolutely agree. As I now leave my hair to naturally dry, I've found that the Moroccanoil Treatment helps my hair to dry quicker, makes it shiny and it just feels so much healthier. Before using it, it was frizzy and I had a lot of baby/ fly away hairs which has now gone. I buy the 25ml bottle from the salon where I get my hair cut because it is in a glass bottle (which is the only thing I would change about this product) so I'm worried about smashing a larger bottle. Also, when I had long hair last year, a bottle would last me 3 months and since getting my hair cut to shoulder length, this bottle has lasted almost 6 months! Again, a little goes a long way! I know that there are a lot of hair products on the market with Argan/ Moroccan Oil in them and I've used the Umberto Giannini Miracle Worker with Argan Oil and honestly, although the MoroccanOil treatment is a little pricey, it is worth it as this is the pure and natural product so is much more effective. 


Which products have you used up and repurchased? Have you used any of the products mentioned in this post? Comment below and let me know! Also, watch out for my book and film review as well as a lifestyle change post which will be up in a few days!

Until next time, take care.
Love,
Mancunian Sheep x




No comments:

Post a Comment