Sunday 8 June 2014

56. Is It Summer Yet? Yes It Is!

Hello everyone! I hope you're all enjoying this long overdue sunshine. I finally finished my second year at university this week, it really does not feel like I've completed two thirds of my degree. For anyone reading that still has GCSE or A-level exams then I'm sorry to rub it in and hope they go really well! 

The first week of my summer holidays has been very busy and that's exactly how I want this summer to be. I want the next three months to be productive, fun and I want to make the most of them rain or shine as I am constantly being reminded that final year will be tough but we shall cross that bridge once we come to it so for now, roll on summer 2014!


Once my final exam had finished on Monday morning, I went out to celebrate with my lovely coursemates. We ended up celebrating from midday to 8.30pm because we had to see out second year properly! We went to Taco Bell for lunch, we were all Taco Bell virgins but loved it, I highly recommend it if you love Mexican food :D I had the 7 layer Bean Burrito and my friends both had a chicken burrito methinks. We then sat in Costa Coffee to keep out of the wonderful Manchester rain and belly laughed all afternoon. One of my course mates is going on a placement year in Spain in September and he will be working at an aquarium (well jel) so we won't be together in final year :( When the three of us had to say goodbye on Monday evening, it was very difficult to hold back the tears and it was a bit like a movie scene! 


On Tuesday morning, I had a summer internship interview at the university and an hour or so after the interview, I received an email to say I'd got the internship! It is an 8 week position and I'll be helping my faculty organise Welcome Week. I'm really excited and can't wait to start!


I did say at the start of this post that this has been an exceptionally busy week for the Mancunian Sheep and on Wednesday, whilst battling the last of my cold I filmed two DVDs for Parkinson's UK. It was great to meet some of the lovely people who work at such a fantastic charity and if you would like to find out more about Parkinson's UK then check out my Carers in Control post and parkinsons.org.uk


Also on Wednesday, I decided to bake some Slu**y Brownies. I saw the recipe on my favourite blog, The Londoner a few months ago and thought they were the ideal treat to have after a productive week whilst watching Andy's quarter final match against Monfils. Congratulations to Nadal for a fifth consecutive title at Ronald Garros however, I must admit I was rooting for Djokovic as he had been playing exceptionally well throughout the tournament and as it's the only Grand Slam he is yet to win you could tell how much he wanted it. Talking of treats, I am going to see Clean Bandit in October in Manchester!


Thursday and Friday weren't as exciting as the rest of my week unfortunately as I spent Thursday sorting out my passport renewal by filling out the form, having my mugshots taken and sending it all off. On Thursday evening I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and completely forgot Dobby dies and was then left comfort eating my brownies. I hate Bellatrix but love Helena Bonham Carter. I just couldn't help myself and ended up watching Part 2 on Friday night. What's your favourite Harry Potter book and film? I'd say my favourite book is the Prisoner of Azkaban because I don't know what it is about him but I just love Sirius and he really changes the dynamic of the whole story.My favourite film is The Half Blood Prince because despite Dumbledore's death making me cry like a baby, I love Ron's facial expressions when he has the love potion chocolates. I was going to do a Harry Potter movie marathon and watch all 8 films over the weekend but I was too tired and have started in a weird order now.


On Saturday I was at work during the day working on an event which was a bit like a mini Open Day for parents of students who have worked on several different programmes at the university. I came home to an Amazon package containing the Frozen DVD (yes I know I must be the last person on the planet to watch it) so HAD to watch it immediately. I love it! I want to download the soundtrack to sing along to but quite like living in a house with windows. I want Olaf to be my friend and I want to give him warm hugs! Sven is brilliant too for bringing Kristoff and Anna together. Also can we all just take a moment to appreciate Elsa's outstanding performance of Let it Go, she is so sassy!


Today, I've just had a quiet Sunday and spent the morning watching the Hollyoaks omnibus and then the French Open final. I am so excited for Queens and Wimbledon now, grass court season is definitely my favourite. I'm also currently reading Six Years by Harlan Coben. I have a couple of book gift cards to spend so if you have any book recommendations then please let me know, they would be much appreciated! 


Until next time, take care.
Love,
Mancunian Sheep x

No comments:

Post a Comment