Saturday 25 January 2014

33. So long January blues!

Hello everyone! Hope you've all been well. You'll be pleased to know that I survived my five exams (just about) and now the dreaded wait for results day begins... Since my last post, most of my time has been spent revising, consuming my body mass in coffee, watching Four in a Bed (love that show) during revision breaks and crying about revision/exams/my lack of sleep/having no life. When I put my pen down yesterday afternoon as my final exam of the semester came to an end, I just felt relieved to have a life again. After the exam, my friend and I met up with our friend who returned from a semester abroad in Tennessee and it was so lovely to be reunited again! I came home and my Mum was cooking and she'd bought me a takeaway too <3 
I've had a rather productive day today and despite having an exam every day for the past 3 days, I'm nowhere near as tired as I thought I would be. This morning I went to the university library to return 9 textbooks and take out the textbooks I need for this semester. On returning, I had a nice relaxing afternoon cleaning. I steam mopped the kitchen floor, washed all the fridge compartments and also changed my bedding and hoovered upstairs.
Whilst I was at the library this morning, I spotted The Compatibility Gene which is a new book written by Daniel Davis, an academic in the faculty. I am taking an Immunology module this semester and as I also like genetics, I thought I would give it a read. I will let you know how it is in a future post. I am also going to finish reading Andy's autobiography. Also for Christmas, my old neighbours got me some book gift cards and I have £40 on them. Are there any books that you would recommend? In About Time, Mary works as a reader for a publisher, that would be my dream job. 
Baking wise I've decided to make Millionaire's Shortbread because I love eating it and no doubt will have as much fun baking it. Going to make a spiced whole orange cake too because I've established that I am Paddington Bear due to my love of marmalade sandwiches and my blue duffle coat. Did you all know that a film about Paddington is set to be released this December and Colin Firth is voicing Paddington! I am so excited :D

Aside from baking and reading, I'm going to watch American Hustle with my friend on Monday. The reviews for it were really bad on the Odeon website which took me by surprise because of all the Oscar nominations and the super talented cast too. Have any of you seen it? If so, what did you make of it? The bad reviews have not put me off from going to watch it as I love Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper and they were amazing in The Silver Linings Playbook so I'm sure this will be just as good, if not better!
Now I did make it through exam season but my skin has never been in such bad condition so I'm going to take the plunge and try out Clinique's products and hopefully they will work. I have a lot of acne scars on my forehead which I don't like and always seem to have really painful spots on my chin too :( Have any of you tried any products from the range and if so, how were they? In other beauty news, like most people, winter always leaves my skin really damaged and my lips incredibly dry. Over the years I've tried lip balms from The Body Shop, Nivea, Vaseline and Burt's Bees but I have finally found THE ONE! It's Carmex and it is the best lip balm I have ever used. As soon as you apply it, it leaves your lips feeling soft and hydrated and not all scaly within 10 minutes or so. It has a slightly tingly sensation which is not painful in the slightest and not like anti-septic stinging. It has a slight vanilla like scent but isn't sickly sweet or anything so I would recommend it to both genders.  Despite my skin looking horrendous, my hair isn't looking too bad these days and I have finally learnt how to do a fishtail braid thanks to this video tutorial by Lauren Conrad off The Hills. Remember The Hills? I feel so old now.

Anyway, all this talk of books has made me want to go to bed and finish off Andy's book so I hope you've all made it through the January blues and for those of you that had exams, I hope they went well! Here's to February- yay pancakes!
Love,
Mancunian Sheep x

No comments:

Post a Comment