Monday 4 July 2011

4. Striped feet.

Hello/ Hola/ Bonjour/ Guten Tag/ Aloha, how are you doing lovelies? Thanks for bothering to even read/visit my blog. Still no comments yet, not happy! Anyway, I may as well start off by explaining the title of this post- I have striped feet due to the sunshine and it looks fairly odd. You have my natural skin tone, a slightly darker shade of brown from when I was in Stoke on Trent  (while on the train from Manchester to Stoke, I saw lots of sheep while on the train, BAA!) with a friend and then today I achieved the darkest shade whilst walking  around with year 11 students around my college campus to help them find their way. I realised how much I want to fulfil my passion of becoming a chemistry teacher after today. Although the people I was working with are only a year or so younger than me, I enjoyed helping them carry out a basic titration in their chemistry session. I know it's not teaching but it's still getting hands on with people younger than you in a classroom. Hmm what else have I been up to since my last post...WIMBLEDON! Unfortunately, we are still waiting for a British finalist. Hopefully the 73 year wait ends next Summer. Despite not reaching the final, Murray was on top form this year and he really should be proud of the high standard of tennis he played this year. Every mens singles match I was lucky enough to watch, (if only Wimbledon had started after college ended)  I was on the edge of my seat!  Congratulations to Djokovic on not only his win but also his world #1 ranking. Friday was community day at my college which involved many activites including a staff play, zumba, henna, face painting, a bouncy castle and a talent show to name a few. My friends and I participated in doing some zumba which was enjoyable, might even join the classes next year. However, I think the highlight for anyone who goes to Xaverian reading this and was lucky enough to watch it was the staff play! Seeing the head of chemistry (a male by the way) dressed up as Lady Gaga while singing "p p p pencil case" with the majority of the staff dancing and singing with him was the best thing ever! The play was called "Harry Potter and the deathly module". As well as Lady Gaga, we had a maths teacher playing the part of Thor who lost his hammer, a PE teacher (again a male) taking on the role of Hermione, a Maths teacher playing a mad Russian scientist. We also watched the talent show which was called "Xav's got talent" and hats off to the acts because they must have some real guts and stamina to perform to the entire college, I could never do that, even the thought of it makes me feel a little sick. One last thing, those of you who have finished school, college, university for the summer and are keen readers, I recommend the following book: Tony Parsons on Life, Death and Breakfast. It is amazing, I've read over 100 pages in a day, at times it has you laughing and others, almost in tears. It is great for both male and female readers of all ages. Anyway, I think that is all I have to share, until next time...
Mancunian Sheep x

No comments:

Post a Comment