Sunday 25 October 2015

115. Autumnal Day Out in Manchester

Hello everyone, I hope you're all having a great Sunday after the extra hour in bed. I could never remember whether the clocks went 1 hour forward or back in March or October but then I thought of a good way to remember: 
  • Fall (Autumn) -  Back
  • Spring - Forward 
As I was working on the first two Saturdays this month because of Open Days which I enjoyed and were one of my favourite events even when I was a Student Ambassador, I took Tuesday off this week to have a break so I met up with my friend. 

Regular readers may remember that I went to Moose Coffee back in June and had some of their gorgeous granola (you can read more about my first time at Moose here). I went for a cooked breakfast this time and Sammia and I ended up both having the same. Although I don't really drink hot drinks during summer, I do like the occasional hot chocolate, coffee or fruit tea to warm my hands in autumn and winter.


The Vegi Liberty Moose was scrambled eggs cooked with pesto and topped with pine nuts. I absolutely love green pesto, basil is my favourite herb! Although a green omelette may not look or sound very appetising, it's the most lush omelette I've ever eaten (cheeky reference to Gavin and Stacey there). For drinks, Sammia went for a mocha and I went for a latte. The drinks were good but it's the food which really stands out for me at Moose.



We decided to go to the Northern Quarter as Sammia needed some art supplies but we couldn't find any canvases in Fred Aldous so went to The Works instead. To burn off our hearty breakfasts, we walked to Albert Square and here are some shots I took of Manchester Town Hall. Did you know that the architect, Sir Alfred Waterhouse designed Manchester Town Hall, the Old Quadrangle at The University of Manchester and the Natural History Museum in London?



Enjoy the final week of October and remember to look out for my monthly favourites next weekend!

Until next time, take care.
Love,
Mancunian Sheep x

No comments:

Post a Comment