Hello everyone, I hope you're well. Apologies for not posting much these past few weeks, I started work in mid-August and have been ill so haven't had much time to blog. I would like to wish all my Muslim readers a belated Eid Mubarak, hope you all had a lovely day.
Autumn seemed like it was here but now we're getting an Indian summer, not that I'm complaining. I've not been out to enjoy the sunshine this weekend as I'm being a sloth in bed because I am working for the next two Saturdays. Also, I've not been getting much sleep for the past few days as I keep having coughing fits (yes, I've had Freshers' Flu for the 4th consecutive year).
This month's favourites are diverse even for me but there is an autumnal feel to a few of them and two others link together as well. Instead of keeping you in suspense, I shall get on with sharing my September favourites with you all.
1. H&M maroon tote bag - I have been on the hunt for a maroon/burgundy bag for the past 2 autumns and Accessorize didn't have any that I liked but I spotted this one in H&M whilst casually browsing and at £14.99, it was a complete bargain so I had to get it.
It is generously sized and has a main zip so I was very impressed considering the price. On the interior, there is a small zip compartment for your keys, phone etc. Also, there are two other open compartments that I put pens in. The bag is available in other colours and you can find out more here.
2. Nails Inc Jermyn Street - I've actually had this nail polish for over 2 years and it is still in great condition. Regular readers know that I love nail polish and don't get me wrong, I love my bright and pastel colours but I've been really enjoying Jermyn Street this month as a more neutral shade. In my opinion, it is a combination of mauve and taupe and co-ordinates well with my new bag.
I am wearing just one coat of Jermyn Street in these photos, you can see just how brilliant the Nails Inc formula was. I'm yet to purchase any of the new Nails Inc. products since the brand's overhaul last year but may well treat myself to Alexa Chung's collection.
3. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Agent Touch Up Crème - My other beauty favourite this month is a hair product which I have needed for years but only found this month. I have thick hair and there are quite a few baby hairs around my face which annoy me as flyaways. This is the first item I've found to tame them to give a sleek but not greasy finish. It smells gorgeous too. Massage a small amount into your palms and apply it where required on dry hair. You can find out more about it here.
4. Simpsons Pictures That I Gone and Done mug - For those of you who have heard of Chris (Simpsons Artist), you will know just how much joy he brings to the lives of many. If you haven't heard of Chris then you are seriously missing out and can read his amazing stories and look at his incredible artwork here. I bought a t-shirt from Chris three years ago and have also pre-ordered his book. I have far too many mugs as it is but just had to get this because of the brilliant quote on it which I couldn't agree more with.
5. My fifth favourite links to my previous and that is Carte Noire instant coffee. Now, I used to drink a lot of coffee (what student doesn't?) and then for the past year, I stopped but I do occasionally have it. We have a cafetière but sometimes you just want instant coffee in the morning when you don't have the time to wash all the components of a cafetière. I used to love Asda Extra Special Brazillian Instant Coffee but they stopped doing it over a year ago so I bought Kenco Millicano instead but since buying a new pack, I've found that the coffee granules will not dissolve. I picked up Carte Noire because I don't like Nescafe or the other Kenco instant varieties and it is lovely. It has a strong, rich flavour and the granules dissolve, hoorah!
6. Imperial Leather Rock Pool Hand Wash - We've been using the Imperial Leather Spring Meadown Hand Wash in the kitchen and bathroom for the past year and I was absolutely sick of the scent so decided to order this in our weekly grocery shop and it smells incredible. It smells so fresh and reminds me of an aftershave although I'm not sure which one. I like the blue colour too as it goes with the blue and white colour scheme in our bathroom.
7. Danny and the Human Zoo - This was screened initially on Bank Holiday Monday in August but as I had work the next morning, I watched it on iPlayer a few days later. It is roughly based on comedian Sir Lenny Henry's childhood and teenage years. There were a few familiar faces from the Harry Potter films including Evanna Lynch who was Danny's girlfriend and also James and Oliver Phelps which was of course an added bonus for a Potterhead like myself. Sir Lenny himself played Danny's father. The programme showed the racism and bullying encountered by Lenny in 1970s Dudley. Unfortunately, the lack of BME comedians and performers in the UK even today is a real concern. Although it was 90 minutes long, I'm gutted that it isn't a series. The programme is available on iPlayer until Wednesday here.
9. Andreya Triana - Gold - I first heard this song in Asda back in June and since then, I've been trying to find out who sings it and what it was called. This week, BBC One released a new autumn trailer and it was used as the background music and after a quick Google of the lyrics, I found it! It is so catchy and I'm looking forward to hearing more from Andreya who has a beautiful voice. For the record, it is about as far from Spandau Ballet's Gold as you could possibly get.
Enjoy the last few days of September and for everyone who went back to school/college/university this month, best of luck for the new academic year! To Class of 2015 graduates like myself, good luck to those of you starting new jobs. I will try my very best to post before my October favourites, see you all soon!
Until next time, take care.
Mancunian Sheep x